Archbishop of Canterbury addresses royal rift between Harry and Meghan

The Archbishop of Canterbury has commented on Harry and Meghan’s status within the royal family after the pair’s explosive Netflix documentary.

Last week, the final three episodes of the series dropped on the streaming platform, charting the couple’s decision to leave their roles in the royal family and move to California.

Among the allegations leveled against the royal family in the documentary, Harry and Meghan detailed everything from tense encounters with other senior family members and living on “small” palace grounds to Meghan’s lawsuit against associated newspapers and their battles ongoing with the tabloids. .

In one episode, Harry details his account of an urgent meeting between senior members of the royal family at the Sandringham estate in 2020. In the talk between family members, a decision was made about Harry and Meghan’s involvement in life real and on their ongoing duties.

During an interview, Harry says, “It was terrifying to see my brother yell at me.”

She adds that her father, King Charles, is said to have said things that “just weren’t true”, and that her grandmother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, “just sat there quietly” to “take it all in”.

The royal family has not commented on the claims made in the documentary.

However, the Archbishop of Canterbury, who officiated at the couple’s 2018 wedding, was asked if he could see a way the Sussexes could reconcile with the royal family.

“I can’t really comment because I married them and there’s a sort of pastoral confidentiality,” he replied to the BBC Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg program.

“There’s always a way forward, but it has to be at the right time,” he said.

“And, as a Christian, I live in the belief that forgiveness comes from God through Jesus Christ and that God, particularly at this time of year, breaks into the world to open the way for forgiveness through the channel of Christ.

“But how we welcome this opportunity is different for everyone. And there has to be a right time.

A new row has broken out over the comments made by Jeremy Clarkson in The sun.

In an op-ed published on Friday (Dec. 16), Clarkson wrote that she detests the Duchess of Sussex “on a cellular level” and wants people to “throw lumps of excrement at her”.

“Everyone my age feels the same way,” Clarkson added.

Several prominent figures, from comedians Kathy Burke and John Bishop to Countdown star Carol Vorderman – criticized Clarkson’s comments. Her daughter, Emily Clarkson, also condemned her remarks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *